Re: Stand alone program

I included the following security scheme in some business software that
wrote.  It was used in a foreign country where it was a virtual certainty
that it would be pirated and sold.  I can't see why it wouldn't work for a
trading system.

You allow only the EXE module out of your possession, not the source
code.  Upon launching the module, it would require a specific code to be
entered or else it would terminate with a security message.

Each EXE module that you produce would be written to require a code that
only that one specific module would recognize and the code would also
change daily (weekly, monthly).  You would generate and control the
required daily codes (keys) and dispense them only to authorized recipients.

Even if one or more EXE modules were transferred or stolen, the security
code for that specific module would only work for the one day that it was
valid and would not work for a different EXE module, even on its valid day.

If you wanted to get really elaborate, you could have each EXE module make
a simple "footprint" of the PC that it was authorized to run on and produce
an initiation code which would be transmitted to you and used in the
algorithm to generate the daily keys.