Re: Historycentre

On the positive note, the software works fine.  I use it from time to time
to clean up my intraday data.

The bad news is not the software, but their help files.  Because of that,
you will find yourself spending some time getting Historycentre settings
and the ASCII format set correctly.  Perhaps a number of customers lost
patience and blamed it on the software.  Their help files need several
different ASCII examples.  Without it, the customer is left with only
TRAD's horrifying GS documentation, and their own wits.

In the meantime, if there is a problem, don't spent anymore time on it and
email Historycentre support, which is very good.  You email them your ASCII
file and they will give you the solution within a day or two.

You can't convert a basket of symbols into a single .xpo file.  Instead, it
will create a separate .xpo file for each symbol, as it reads the
multiple-symbol ASCII file.  And if you are reading from a multiple-symbol
file, all the symbols must be from the same exchange.

Even though you can import multiple .xpo files into the GS at the same
time, you can only import about 35-40 files at a time.  This is not a big
deal, unless you want to rely on an ASCII source as a backup for your
entire 10,000 symbol GS.