Re: Unbelievable (was: Criteria for determing a "good" trading system Part 2)

There's another problem:

In the literature and on the 'net you'll find a lot of the time that people
compute the Sharpe ratio for a fraction of a year (say a month) AND THEN
ANNUALIZE IT.  Which is of course complete nonsense, but it explains why
the numbers bandied around are so high.

William F. Sharpe kindly put the proper way of doing it on the 'net - just
google for the name.

Regards,
Stefan Schulz