Identical systems/data yield Different Results

Hello omega-list,

The same OddBall code, data, TS6 version, yields different results on two
different machines!!!  Oddball on the new system yields 169 trades
while on the old system had 203 trades.

Why!!!?!

My older system is a dual P3 running NT4.0.  My new system is a dual
Ahlon 2000+ running MS 2000. Both systems are running the same version
of TS6. I had moved the TS6 workspaces, and had
transferred  all the code and moved it over to the new machine.  Once I
noticed the difference in oddball, I verified that the oddball code
was the same, that the data setting were the same.  I also rebuilt the
workspace and applied oddball again on the new machine.

I started the testing by logging onto the TS servers on via the Ahlon
system.  I then logged off and restarted the TS6 on the older dual P3
system.  The data on both machines starts on the same date!

It is late in the evening, I am going to bed.  I am getting tired of
having to explain and research stuff that just should not be!

A quick check of other strategy results shows that the ones with data1
ONLY match on both machines.  I have several stratgies that use more than one data
source and each of these have performance results that DO NOT MATCH its
eqivelent system on the other machine.  WHAT GIVES?????

--
Best regards,
 Ernie                          mailto:ebonugli@xxxxxxxx