Re: TRAD Stock Slides further

i said it before, look at insight scanner.
a very small %age of hard core pro stock traders are
using it, if they know how...
it's been out since the eighties...
it allows tick by tick scan of a limited ( typically either
1000 or 10K symbols ) for user defined buy and sell rules
which are basically filters. this is an example of tick by tick
stock filtering... Volker, no offense, but neither  WL nor TRAD are
able to pull it off tick by tick on 1000 universe of stocks at this time.
as far as i know insight is the only company that specialized in that.

next  is end of bar time scanner, like TC2000 has...
you can scan a very limited universe of stocks end of bar
or at any time ( have to press enter )

next is the typical retail EOD stock scanner...like the one
WL has, i guess. TS needs one badly but that would require
an EOD database on user machine for at least one year back...

the big plus of stock trading vs say futures trading is
that stock trading allows stock selection, ie you
scan the markets for buy and sell signals using filters
and trade only the stocks with the highest probability
of success determined based on your filters...
for some traders it works real well, others get married to
a stock or two and trade those only, like futures traders...

TS only has a prehistoric generic type scanner:
highest volume, highest gain, most active, etc...
TS would not need a scanner if you could do 1000 systems
on 1000 symbols tick by tick :) but alas, that ain't gonna happen
soon...
TS won't be able to pull it off tick by tick due to the limitations
of on demand server technology ( you need to broadcast up to 1000
symbols tick  by tick to users ) but at least they could do is
to code a good EOD on demand scanner.  such eod scanner is very important
for portfolio selection.  i don't think they are going to do it though...

bilo.
ps. scanner sometimes called screener or stock filtering app,
TS 5.0 has radarscreen which was an attempt on capturing
that market share... but it fails because of speed and limited
symbol universe it could do.