Re: New Dow Complex Structure at the CBOT

John,

Removing the limits has helped level the playing field in one respect but
exacerbated the inequality of having 10 ticks in the pit and only 4 in the
emini.

Since the limits were removed last year, the emini S&P has extended periods
where the Bids and Offers are out of all proportion to what is actually
being traded. It seems that this is what has caused the very narrow ranges
where the market doesn't move for hours. During these times, the S&P is
almost catatonic and certainly not 'off to the races'.

Of course if you are arbing the mini vs the pit, it's paradise - but I can't
see how it can ever be considered a level playing field for intraday traders
while this difference remains.

If the CBOT don't do that with the Dow, it would provide a serious
alternative.

Rgds,

Kim