TS2Ki - Tick File defragger?

Has anyone observed if the TS2Ki tick file(s) tend to become fragmented
over time?  I'm not talking about disk file fragmentation here, but
rather internal fragmentation of the database itself...I collect a large
number  of symbols and it does seem like lately it's taking longer for
TS2K to locate/process/load/display the data.

If so, is it sufficient to just save out all the data to .OMZ files,
then just reimport them?  Or have others found another solution to this?

thx,
ian