Re: Oddball modification

Funny as I was just comtemplating this very issue last night... i.e. how to
set a "stop price" entry on data1 using a stop price entry on data2 (or
whatever).

I've been thinking through two issues:

1) For backtesting purposes, how does TS "know" what your fill price is on a
stop when there is divergence between cash and futures price?

2) For entry, perhaps one could calculate a bar by bar "spread ratio"
between the two and create the stop price off the cash index times the ratio
of the previous bar... should be more accurate than simply "at close".
Especially since, the shorter the interval, the less likely with Oddball
that your results will match a longer compression. This, I believe, is due
to the "missing intervals", which, while taken care of by Bob's code, can
still result in a different result based on "rejected trades".

This entry method may take care of the backtest issue as well.

Thoughts?

Best regards,

Gene Pope