Re: Advance-Decline data

> I'll not argue that point at all, but has it
> effected breadth based systems performance? Again
> OddBall makes a nice benchmark as it uses breadth as
> its only criteria.

Oddball works great with the standard A/D data.  I wonder, though,
how it might work if you fed it "cleaned up" A/D as described in
McMillen's article?  That might give it a cleaner signal to work with.

Might only help recently, though.  From the chart in McMillen's
article, it looked like his optionable-only A/D followed the standard
A/D fairly closely until late 2000.

And it might not help at all for a short-term model like Oddball.
It's hard to say from looking at that chart, but I suspect the short-
term moves in those two lines are highly correlated.  If so, Oddball
might not see the difference.  It would make a BIG difference for
longer-term strategies such as McMillen is talking about, though!
That Optional A/D line is a lot better indicator of the overall
market movement than the standard A/D.

Gary