RE: SAFIR-X and SirTrade?

The canned systems are here only to explain the principle.
First, it is not a system , but and example of indicators  that you may try to
learn how to use the software.
A Safir-X system is a set of indicators ( in a TSD file) that will produce a
binary file ( the neurofuzzy ruules) saved in a FZB file.
The FZB file is not in the demo.
The example only use two basic indicators , slowk(10) and slowk(20) and their
first difference.
They are not representative of the maximum that you can get with the software,
so one may not make a definitive opinion using this trivial thing ( that may
work  fairly well if you make it learn on the  correct data).

> I can't seem to figure out how to actually run them within TradeStation
> though.  I thought this was the job of the SirTrade "run-time", but I
> downloaded that and still can't seem to make it work

You cannot run them in TS without the commecial version.
If you really want to verify them, make a TSD file with the template provided
for each tradeable that you want to test, train with one file and load the other
files after. Then the check feature will produce a performance summary using
them as out of sample data.
This is explained in the help online, step by step.
You may also see the old document " neurofuzzzy at work" that contains examples
( done several years ago, with an older version, but the process is the same).
http://www.sirtrade.com/fuzproof.htm

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com
TradeStation Technologies representative in France
Safir-X neurofuzzy logic trading system builder

To subscribe to our FREE trading system newsletter:
http://www.sirtrade.com/newsletter.htm