Re: A Professional comments on Pierre's software - - -

  • To: "Igor" <igor:omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: A Professional comments on Pierre's software - - -
  • From: "Bilo Selhi" <biloselhi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:24:55 -0800

Igor,
you are scaring me... both we your crap shooting and your % returns :-)

reason why your systems work well on index data is
mostly likely because:
- index data is collected with 1min intervals...
- such data has extremely low percentage of bad ticks, most of the time zero...
- some systems that utilize bar high or bar low to generate trades off of
on bad ticks can actually generate highly "profitable" trades...
- index data is less noisy compared to futures data...

thus if data is already clean, then you don't have to clean it, unless you are clean
freak.
typically % of bad ticks in whole data set should be < 1/2 of 1 percent.
ie if you got 2000 bars loaded in the chat for trading you should
have no more than 10 bars of bad ticks...else, turn the filter on...

on second though, let me check your system to make sure
everything is good,  so why don't you e-mail it to me and i'll do
a thorough check for you.

bilo.
ps. guys, i hope he understands my pointers and well as the humor...or vv.