Misc.

Excuse me intruding on your list and making
comments regarding a couple of emails
I have read recently. I am not a member of this forum
but I am cleaning up my father's computer files and
came across this forum. First a little bit of my background.
I inherited a love of the markets from my father. He
owned a stock brokerage from the 40's to 1970 when
he sold and started a commodities brokerage finally
selling in the 90's. I just returned from Europe having
put him in an experimental medical program because
in Europe you can gain access to medications up to
two years before our own FDA will give approval, but
that is another topic. I started as a gofer slowly working
my way up to an order desk. I traded in the several pits
for 5 years. I have traded full time since 1980.

Oddball system - It seemed as if Mark Brown was
gracious enough to provide the concept and programming
code so he should not be expected to comment on the
original or every update of Oddball. Some of you have
researched and revised Oddball, notably Bob Fulks -
congratulations.You should be appreciative of having
people like Mark Brown and Bob Fulks on your list.

Safir-XP - We are in a capitalist system aren't we? The
maker of Safir-XP has the right to price his product at
whatever price he wants. If you don't want to pay his price -
don't buy it. I agree that demo's should be utilized
whenever possible but nothing ever justifies piracy of
a product! This practice should be severely criticized and
condemned. I have bought several of Chuck LeBeau's
programs, highly recommended and he answers questions
personally. His programs are only $250? but I have heard
they have been pirated.This could get to be so bad that
he could either stop selling his reasonably priced programs,
increase his prices or create the highest security protections
(passwords, encryption, etc.) causing him to jack up his prices
exponentially. Is the higher price of software worth piracy?
NO. GOD bless capitalism!

Easy language programming - Some people ask coding
questions but don't give any example of having tried to do
it themselves first. Some might say that others could use
their precious code and make money from it. Others might
say that so many could use it that it will influence the
market - Horse feathers. An example is Oddball. Everybody
on the list has access to it but what has been done? People
have revised it. I have seen great programs and the first thing
anyone says is, "What if you were to try this?". I guarantee
Oddball hasn't affected the market.

Beginning traders - I have really enjoyed the individuals who
have either asked for a canned program or an idea that will
launch their way to riches. Why don't they just put all their
trading capital in a big pile and set fire to it. While going
through a pile of my father's correspondence I came across
an S&P course titled "Trix, Trends and Trading" by Gerald
Marisch. He wrote an excellent book in the early '90's titled
"The W.D. Gann Method of Trading a Simplified, Clear Approach"
so I read this course and was very impressed. There is no
magical formula just a system based in solid technical analysis
which if followed would really help any trader. I do not know
this author nor know how much the course is. I also will not
use the techniques because I did not pay for it. I do plan
on contacting Mr. Marisch about his program.

Once again please excuse my intruding onto your list.

JR