Good Data - Bad Data ?

Hello ,

>> DIRTY DATA + GOOD SYSTEM = LOSS
>> ( you can't take Ferrari off road , won't work)

not  that i don't like perfect data as much as the next person. but if
good  data is necessary to make profits - how then would you explain a
system  like  oddball which uses data from not only a different series
than the one being traded but a different exchange as well?

some  "expert"  one  called the other day to "tell me" ask me if i had
considered  the effects of the week of triple witching. he dictated to
me that he had a policy of setting out of the market during that week.
supposedly  the market will treat you nasty and whip around taking all
your money, making systems wither into crap.

i kept asking how can oddball be manipulated when it does not even get
its  signals  off the market it trades? if the conspiracy is that big,
that  you can get every trader in the world to agree to something then
enlighten me. i think the model will survive as is because it's as big
as  the  market  is.  plus  the  gut  wrenching  it  puts  you through
eliminates most would be users.

besides   while  everyone  is  looking  at  historical  validation  of
performance,  i  would  "stupidly"  suggest  that superior minds "read
computers"  suggest  that  some  pilots may be jockeying time machines
which  in  retrospect  the  public  may rationalize as self fulfilling
market  behavior  and  continue  to  be blissfully happy as the public
often is. if you know what i just said then you are smarter than i ;-)

--

Have a Great Day, Mark

http://www.markbrown.com