RE: A Mythomaniac Professional comments on Pierre's software - - -

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: A Mythomaniac Professional comments on Pierre's software - - -
  • From: Beyond OddBall <beyond_oddball@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 18:19:36 -0800

Counter reply back to Pierre from the Professional who
wishes to remain anonymous: Note that this has nothing
to do with being adept at as a trader (he did not get
to that point) - this is just about getting a friggin
piece of software to work properly !!!

Pierre and one of his colleague kept extending the
time I could try out his software.  The software would
reach a critical point, where the time limit
ran out.

I would then contact Pierre's outfit, and either he or
his colleague would send me a small patch .exe, that
alows the software to continue to work for another two
weeks or so.

We played this game for at least two months, as I
recall, and I finally realized I could never get
Safir-X to work OOS, and quit.

Maybe Pierre thought I would eventually go out of my
mind, and pay up the $5300.  But I never did, and
didn't get caught in this trap.

As for support, I kept sending e-mails back and forth
to France, telling Pierre about various markets, and
time periods I was researching and testing
Safir-X on.  Pierre did make suggestions, which I kept
trying, as well as my own ideas.  Nothing ever panned
out.

Because of my previous career, which included
published work on the statistical modeling of the
medical and psychological factors affecting
breast cancer severity, I thought my background would
have prepared me for the vicissitudes of neural net
modeling of financial market data with Safir-X.  Well,
it helped me tackle the problem, but I never came up
with OOS performance.

I was very sad.  My mate Barbara can attest to my
initial hopes, gradual disillusionment, and then
finally, abject dispair about my failure with
Safir-X.  I had spent something in the vicinity of 60
to 100 hours on it,with nothing to show for it.

As for me, I'm a Francophone.  I love France,  and I
love the French people. Barbara and I spent weeks
touring Provence two years ago.  A lot of my
college French came back while I was there.  Barbara
is fluent. And my son Robin came back from a year
after high school completely fluent in French.
We can hardly wait to go back.

The problems in Safir-X have nothing to do with France
or the French people; they have everything to do with
Pierre's less than credible marketing style.
And a questionable product.