Re: SirTrade File unzips to 130 files all over your harddrive ?

Hello  Pierre,

PO> I  am here on this list since 1996, everyone should know who I am,
PO> and there are people who spend their time to know how I could harm
PO> their HD with virus files.

I  will  admit that I never - ever open .exe files sent to me unless I
check  with  virus scan on an old machine.  BUT! since it was PO I did
not  think  but  twice  before I executed it.  I figured it would have
some  display  like  a  flash or something is what I was expecting.  I
think  the  reason he did an .exe is that front page needs the folders
in  a certain order to work properly.  If he zipped it alone the files
would  have  all  been in the same directory and with front page there
are  often  conflicting files which would not work together.  I opened
it  with  winzip  anyway  which  allowed me to see the contents before
hand. You cane even execute from winzip.

I  personally would have put it on a web site and emailed a link to it
so people could have viewed it from my site.

--

Have a Great Day, Mark