Re: SirTrade File unzips to 130 files all over your harddrive ?

  • To: Gene Pope <gene@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: SirTrade File unzips to 130 files all over your harddrive ?
  • From: Beyond OddBall <beyond_oddball@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:31:09 -0800

Gene:

I accept and can appreciate your opinion - however, I
just got a problem with system vendors who drop "bait"
onto the list, which the ultimate bottom line is a
"sell" for their overpriced software.

I'm urging this guy to:
1) start off by posting a valid performance summary
(.xls).
2) extract the improvements from his best output file,
code it into an .els file, post it on the list for
everyone to backtest. If he really stands behind the
accuracy and reliability of his product he should have
no problem doing that - but if he's not sure, he'll
find excuses not to post it.

Both you and I have posted OddBall ideas and code to
the list without any thinly veiled offers for money.

Steve