Re[4]: Sirtrade Intl. Trading system newsletter Issue #2...

On Thursday, March 14, 2002, 5:21:40 PM, Pierre Orphelin wrote:

PO> Subscribing is free.
PO> Unsubscribing is also free of charge.
PO> None enforce you to download an exe file from a web site, mine included.

I understand that, but that was not what I was talking about. Please
reread my message about how viruses spread.

PO> The exe file is only a Winzip self extractor file that has nothing to do with
PO> Email worms and mail viruses,

It's still an exe file, and most sensible people would NOT open it,
**even if it from someone they know** - maybe even **especially** if
it is from someone they know (you are in their address book, and the
virus would go to you).

PO> that I use for  easier installation and to avoid
PO> 50 questions like what is winzip, where do I find it, how to install it and how
PO> to use it and so on.

Just post the web site, if necessary - no big deal.

PO> Virus himself ( big one)

One would hope not, but this is looking like one of those human-spread
viruses (you know, the ones with "SEND THIS TO EVERYONE IN YOUR
ADDRESS LIST" in the email). :-)

ztrader