Re: EL Question - Missing Data Condition

Gary Fritz wrote:

> Now, just for completeness, what happens if there's no data on data1
> but there is on data2?  There you're out of luck.  Indicators and
> systems only get executed at the close of a bar on *data1*.  So if
> there's no bar on data1, your indicator code won't see it.

It appears that the time scale on a chart will fill in the time for ANY
bars found in data1 or data2. So if data1 is missing a minute but data2
has a bar for that minute the time will be stamped on the chart and
appear in the data window. However, as Gary points out an indicator
(e.g., plot1(c data2)) will only plot in data2 when a bar exists on
data1. But see below.

The missing bars indicator I just posted presents an anomaly that
hopefully someone can explain. The table below shows the data.

The anomaly appears three times, at 1322, 1324 and 1325.  But 1322 data1
is missing and therefore the code should not be executed but a print
occurs for 1322. This must be due to 1322 data2 (anomaly 1) which is not
missing! The second 1322 must result from the code being executed on
1323 data1 but since 1323 data2 is missing here, this second 1322 is the
stored previous value, 802, of the variable TimeToMin(T). The code is
executed without a data2!

1324 data1 is missing but a print for 1324 occurs. This must be due to
1324 data2 (anomaly 2)! How did the code execute here? Notice there was
NO plot1 recorded on the print statement or on the chart even though the
"if TimeToMinutes(T) > TimeToMinutes(T[1])  +1 then	plot1(h+.005*c,"")"
is true!

Both a print and chart plot1 occur at 1325 data1 and 1325 data2
(anomaly3)! How is the "if TimeToMinutes(T) > TimeToMinutes(T[1])  +1
then 	plot1(h+.005*c,"")" tiggered when it not true at 1325? And why is
there a print of plot1 at 1328 and 1329 ?

Data1 and data2 streams seem to have many hidden characteristics.

Table is for TKLC data1  and TLAB data2. A gif of the chart is sent
under a separate post to avoid the 20K limit.The table was obtained with
the print statement,
print(d,t,TimeToMinutes(T), TimeToMinutes(T[1]), plot1 ), loaded into
data2 in the Missing Bars indicator .

  Date	  Time	TimeTo  TimeTo	 plot1 	plot1 on
		Min(T)  Min(T[1])print	chart

1020311   1316   796     795
1020311   1317   797     796

1318 data1 and data2 are missing

1020311   1319   799     797	12.82	yes
1020311   1320   800     799
1020311	  1321   801     800
1020311	  1322   802     801

    1322 data1 is missing

1020311   1322   802     801

    1323 data2 is missing

1020311   1324   804     802

     1324 data1 is missing

1020311   1325    805    804	12.82	yes

      1326 data1 and data2 are missing

1020311   1327   807     805    12.82	yes
1020311   1328   808     807    12.82
1020311   1329   809     808    12.82

      1328 and 1329 data1 are missing