RE: Trading on the Globex Market

  • To: "Omega-list \(E-mail\)" <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Trading on the Globex Market
  • From: "Michael E Songer" <songer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:25:26 -0800

Gary,
SF,EU,BP,JY mostly.  Other stuff in small size. I would also ease into the
market when possible (ie 100 cars every 10 mins all night), but if a market
is getting away, you need to get things done faster.  Globex has an
agreement with someone like Man or Carr(i don't remember who) and they
provide liquidity for larger orders on globex.  Call you broker, tell him to
do an RFQ for 1000 whatever and you will see a 2 sided price for 1000 hit
your globex screen, then tell your broker to deal. So if you are ever
wondering where the market is, do an RFQ for a couple hundred.  I don't know
as you can get an RFQ in stock, because they have nothing to lay it off
against. I am a big fan of Globex.
Mike