RE: Trading on the Globex Market

  • To: "Omega-list \(E-mail\)" <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Trading on the Globex Market
  • From: "Michael E Songer" <songer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:11:31 -0800

Kim,
EFP stands for "exchange for physical". You deal in the cash market and
instruct the bank/broker to efp it into a futures contract.  It is
transparent to you, but you get the supposed benefit of tight pricing in the
cash market.  So, you execute in the cash market, but it is turned into a
futures contract at the cme or finex. I have always done better on globex.
If you want to do cross rates, you are probably better off dealing in cash
and efp'ing it into finex.
Mike