Re: OE message backup/move

Dead easy.

1.  Make sure "Show Hidden Files & Folders" is checked in your Windows
Explorer folder options menu on the host PC.
2.  Do a search for any *.dbx files on the host PC.
3.  On the target PC, from within Outlook Express create dummy (ie empty)
folders with the EXACT same name/structure as in the host PC's Outlook
Express.
4.  Close Outlook on the target PC.
5.  Copy the relevant dbx files you found on the host PC over to the target
PC and place them in the same Windows Explorer folder, overwriting the dummy
files.
6.  Open Outlook on the target PC, and Voila!, your many thousands of emails
should be there.

I've done this procedure probably a couple of dozen times over the years
under three different OSes.  I haven't used XP but I imagine the procedure
is similar.  In Win2000 Pro the folder containing the dbx files is:

c:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\application
data\identities\(specific ID folder)\microsoft\outlook express.

Over the years I have found it helpful to organize my 25,000+ emails by
year, by direction, and by context, as in:
1997 Personal Sent
1997 Personal Received
1997 Practical Sent
1997 Practical Received