Unidentified subject!

I have recently begun trading OEX options with Interactive Brokers.
My background has been mostly with futures and am having a bit
of a struggle with the what seems like large spreads between the
bid and ask prices and what appears to be erratic swings in both.
This coupled with "simulated stops" makes me wonder if I am using
the right broker?  Are these issues a fact of life with the OEX at the CBOE?
Or am I missing a better way to trade these contracts?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Regards
Paul