"System Brokers" and Slow Fills

>>I believe that "system brokers" (like TradeCenter, Striker...)
>>don't give the best fills to their customers and that they don't
>>make money on commissions but on "ripped" fills.

Denis,
One problem with your theory.  Since you specifically named
Trade Center, I feel compelled to come to their defense.
I have used them for about 3 years to trade one of my accounts.
The account is at Refco.  My understanding is that they place
orders on my behalf in my account and Refco gives them a
share of the commission.  I am not saying that someone else in
the food chain could not be hurting the fills, but I don't see how
it could be Trade Center.  I have no interest in promoting them but
find the integrity of my Trade Center broker to be a bit refreshing.
When they or Refco make a mistake, they go to bat and take
care of it.  With the pounds of brokers statements I have accumulated
I would say there is plenty of money to be made in the commissions.

Regards
Paul