From: Alan Courchene [mailto:positionsize1@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 8:22 AM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OffTopic Security ZoneAlarmPro & TS6 & Windows2000

Hello List,

For increased security, I just replaced BlackIce
Defender with ZoneAlarmPro. This was in addition to an
already existing Hardware firewall(router). I noticed
that Win2000Pro has 2 Apps requesting access to the
Internet(Hmm-mm) and TS6 has 4 separate Apps
requesting access to the Internet.

I am interested to know if others have found similar
things with ZA and Win2000.

I have thus far only enabled IE5, TS6,
Netsacape4,Eudora,Qcharts and Qfeed Server Select for
Internet access in ZApro.

Win2000Pro:
1)Generic Host Process for Win32 Services(svchost.exe)
2)Service and Controller App(SERVICES.EXE)

SERVICES.EXE appears to have been given permission to
connect to the Internet apparently as a result of some
other app being enabled such as TS6.

Svchost.exe Appears in the Program settings list but
was not given permission to connect to the Internet.

I an curious, Does anyone Know why these two
executables need the Internet and would appear
unsolicited in the ZA the Program settings list?

Also,
TS6:
1)Omega Research Client access layer(ORCAL.exe)
2)TradeStation Platform(ORPlat.exe)
3)TradeStation Technologies Custom DLL
Surrogate(ORDIIHst.exe)
4)TSHelp Module(TSSupp.exe)

The Custom DLL Surrogate looks a bit fishy. Anyone
know
what its Internet function would be?

Thanks,

Alan C.