speeding up an optimization on 2000i

Hello everyone,

Is there anyway to speed up the crunching of the data
when running a strategy optimization. It is strange, a
few weeks ago, I had win 98 and I ran some
optimizations and it cruched the numbers very quickly,
and now that I upgraded to win 2k , it seems a lot
slower. It would seem to me that it should be just the
opposite. Is there any settings I can change to speed
this up. I have fairly adequate horsepower on my pent
II computer with 400 mghz and 288 ram. Thanks in
advance.

Sincerely,

Todd