Re: off topic -- killing internet pop-ups

> Look at Proxomitron (free) at http://proxomitron.org/.
> Pros: stops popups, just about all ads, cookies, web bugs, intrusive
> Java - it will do just about anything you want to do.

Yes, Prox is really good.  I've used it for several years.  It's
great to have all the ads, etc blocked in the websites you visit.

However, fairly often -- often enough to be really annoying -- Prox
alters the browser's behavior enough that websites won't work
properly.  A javascript popup might not work, or a login process
might fail, things like that.  Sometime the failure mode is really
puzzling and it sometimes takes me a while to connect it to Prox.
You can disable Prox and reload the page, but it's a pain.  I haven't
installed it on my newest system.

Maybe if I took the trouble to learn all the techno complexity behind
Prox I could program it to work well without blocking desirable
things.  I just never took the time.

Gary