Re: EasyLanguage

> How long does it take to lern EasyLanguage?

Learning EL is easy.  Learning to *program* is hard.

I picked up EL in a few days, though obviously I didn't learn all the
subtleties (of which there are many) for a while.  But I'd already
been programming computers for over 20 years when I started.  EL is
very different in some ways from most "normal" programming languages,
but most of the programming skills and concepts I learned in other
languages applied to EL.  I just had to learn a few tricks and
specific concepts that are unique to EL.

So if you already know how to write programs in other languages,
learning EL probably won't be hard.  If you *DON'T* know how to
program, you're in for a bigger challenge.  You have to learn how to
approach a problem very logically, break it down into small bits that
the computer can handle, use variables, loops (including the implied
bar-by-bar looping in EL), if/then logic, etc.  For some people
that's not hard; for others the programming mindset is very difficult.

> How much time do you
> guys think that is used to be able to programm my trading system?

Impossible to say without knowing how the system works.  If it's a
fairly straightforward approach that adapts well to computerization,
it might take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours (for someone
who already knows EL).  If it requires discretionary decisions, or
even if it relies on reasonably mechanical but harder-to-program
things like pattern recognition (e.g. head & shoulders patterns),
then it might be extremely difficult or almost impossible to program.

Sorry there's no simple answer...!

Gary