Re: You Should Have Got a DELL, Dude ... Wrong Dude.

Hello  John,

JL> Dell  Tech  support was just plain dumb!@ They didnt know what the
JL> problem was ... and their solutions were pitiful. Much time wasted
JL> pursuing dumb solutions.

I  worked for http://www.regalasset.com/acval100f1.gif . Even though I
was  never  known  by my name, obvious because they just called me the
quant  guy  or  our black box system designer. I was like a fireman on
call  24/7  -  not to do my intended job "modeling" but rather to: run
coaxial  cable up elevator shafts, mount satellite dishes on high rise
roofs,  run  cabling  under  computer  flooring,  build new computers,
repair  old  computers,  replace 4 headed stb video cards by the case,
replace  back  breaking  300 pound battery backups, call and curse out
every  vendor  that  ever sold anything that was ever trading related,
cause  we  bought  it  all, assembled trading desk, programmed trading
desk  phones,  repaired  printers,  ordered food and desert, empowered
with the "magic card" to purchase every electronic device that man has
ever  devised,  perform analysis upon it by using and abusing it until
it  either  broke  or  we kept it.

I  have  flown  all over the continent with full authority to seek and
destroy  every  hair  brain  trading  idea any so called "guru" of any
stature  "meaning phd or mensa member" has ever dreamed up. my job was
to  act dumb ask question's and rip off any idea's and or code I could
wine dine or bribe out of someone. Report back with the goods, program
it,  destroy it or trade it, that's the motto. better be good cause we
don't  paper trade. never say these word's in our presence understand?
never,  maybe,  would  have,  could  have, wish, did you see, what the
hell, why did you, elliott, gann , fib, buy options, on and on, but on
the  other  hand the one word i was allowed to say should be burned in
the  mind's of all who came and went there through the years "reboot".
why  did  they  have to disturb my supposedly full time occupation, to
hear  me  say  the  the  one  word  that fixed 90 percent of all their
staff's problems? i now know it was my pleasant accent they just liked
to hear.

when  I got in this business, it was to become a trader, to this day I
am  not  a  trader.   I  do  know  an  awful lot about the business of
trading  and am told by others that the one thing they envy is not my
models  or  systems.   but  my knowledge of being able to basically be
self  sufficient "for the most part" as far as the hardware demands of
this business.

There  was  a  time  when "remember the magic card" i bought only name
brand  products,  even  back  when they were just another clone with a
full  page ad in computer shopper magazine like all the rest - talking
about dell.  prior to this it was compaq the new kid on the block dare
we  not  buy  an  ibm?  you have got to be nuts buying something other
than  ibm!   well  in retrospect and millions of dollars latter, guess
what today's clone is tomorrows dell.  who's to say i could not become
a  manufacturer  of  computers.  you do not get what you pay twice for
that's  it  in a nut shell.  you are paying someone for your ignorance
and money can not buy experience.

although supposedly blessed with this "talent" i reflect and dream of
the day i didn't even know how to turn on a monitor.  what a life that
might have been, maybe i would have had the time to become a trader. i
no more a trader that i will ever be, i am a hardware maintainer and a
software   junkie   of  the  lowest form.  but any trader who has ever
successfully  lived  thru  and  understands  what  i  am talking about
probably  would not ever go back to purchasing off the shelf it's just
too fulfilling knowing every aspect of your tool's you use.

passionate about hardware ain't i?

--

Have a Great Day, Mark

http://www.markbrown.com