Re: Did I miss something? RESULTS

  • To: "OMEGA-LIST" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Did I miss something? RESULTS
  • From: "BobR" <bobrabcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:51:19 -0800

I ran into a similar experience last weekend.  The solution was to take a
Win98 startup floppy(set bios to boot on floppy) and use FDISK and select
Yes to make one large FAT32 partition.  Then I used FORMAT C: to format the
drive.  Then I used the Windows 2000 CD to install the OS.  Then partition
the drive if you want to.  One problem you might be having with the new
machine is the CD drive reads the W2000 CD intermittantly.  I had that
problem and it drove me crazy until I swapped the CD drive with one from a
machine that was working and I knew had read the W2000 CD before.  There is
a little problem with silver CD's and Gold CD's and the laser in CD drives.
Your new machine may also have a flaky power supply like mine did.

bobr