Re: Effects of too many people trading the same system?

Hello David,

One thing I was reminded of by your question is Larry Connors' Turtle
Soup trading system whereby one fades a new 20 day high/low based on
the premise that so many Turtle traders enter there.  So there must be
people who buy at the 15 day high in anticipation off selling those
goods to all the Turtles 5 days later.  And then there are the guys
who try to front run those guys ad infinitum.

The Dogs of the Dow system became so popular that housewives were
trading it.  Somebody must have been smart enuf to anticipate that by
a few days and the process feeds on itself till the buying gets pushed
back to Labor Day.

They say prices go down because there are no more buyers.  So if
everybody rushes in to buy the obvious Fib corrections, or a break of
the 20 ema, or yesterday's high, after the gold rush there are no more
buyers and prices fall back.  Some on this list have discussed the
technique of not trading on the signal of a system but waiting a bar
or two for prices to fall back (in case of longs).

--
Best regards,
 Jim                            mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx