RE: OddBall as a market timing tool

  • To: "Bill Wynne" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OddBall as a market timing tool
  • From: "Wes Williams" <softexcl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:42:46 -0800

Bill,

I am unsure of your intent or the timeframes you used, but were you using
1-minute bars on the TIKI or something else? Program trading only lasts for
a short while and when it starts, the TIKI will move but then return to
"normal," whatever that may be in a few minutes. So, if you were using a
longer timeframe for Data2 perhaps you have a reason why? The TIKI is for
day trader timing only, in my opinion. Even then, there are other things
that can make the TIKI move other than program trading, which is why it is
imperfect. But program trading will move it.

Sincerely,
Wes