Re: Oddball and the Emperor's New Clothes

Hello  Wes,

WW> Neither  am  I  frustrated but I do point out that the results for
WW> 7,3,1  perform  very  well but 5,3,1 returned a loss ($10,550) for

this  is not a fact and you are wrong, wes.  put the dam thing on zero
wes and forget any settings ok.

WW> It  may  also be true that TS6 has a data problem with $ADV or @SP
WW> seeing  that you observed that my numbers are off from yours. I am
WW> also limited by TS6 because I cannot go back farther than 3/27 and
WW> may  need  to  do this on 2000i. I can email privately some thread
WW> contributors on this.

you   do   have   blinders  on  "ts6"  your data is most likely offset
one  hour.  there has been some discussion about this in the past. get
a  real  platform  and try it. preferably ts 4, because it handles the
alignment of data series the best.  then critique.

WW> To  continue  pursuing the issue of robustness, can someone do the
WW> following  with OB? Run a parameter optimization using data as far
WW> back as you can go

wes,  this  all has been done a few times look in the archives for the
results.  i think it has been beat to death. you are starting to sound
like  a  satisfied  aberration  user?  check the over optimization and
robustness  of characteristics of the shitty platform you are using to
test it on, ts6 in case you don't understand.

WW> Sincerely,
WW> Wes Williams

ps  if  5  months  or so is too long fro you to trade a system without
making  money  then  get  something  else.   about this time last year
someone  like  you  posted "OUCHBALL" because the system had a loosing
run.   well it has been a moon shot since, i think you have signaled a
double up time to me.  thanks.

--

Have a Great Day, Mark

http://www.markbrown.com