Letter sent to eSignal

I received a letter from eSignal asking me to come back.  Here's what I sent
them...

February 20, 2002

Scott A. Johnson

eSignal

3955 Point Eden Way

Hayward CA 94545

Dear Mr. Johnson

I received and read your letter (attached) inviting me to come back to
eSignal.  As a long-time customer (first with BMI and then with you when you
acquired BMI) I wrote many letters to your company alerting you to poor and
unresponsive customer service, rate increases without corresponding benefit
increases, and the company's cavalier attitude of "We're the only game in
town."  The six letters I've sent you over the years each warn of your
company's potential demise as soon as a competent competitor comes along.
Well, guess what?  Something better came along.

eSignal took a good thing (BMI) and ran it into the ground.  I struggled
through years of your excuses like "Yes we changed our data structure.  No,
we gave you no warning.  Call Omega, it's their problem now."  I'm not
struggling with you any longer.  I have paid you way too much money for too
long to continue to put up with your poor service.

When I called to terminate my account with you, an account that had been
with you continuously since 1993, do you know what your service
representative said when I cancelled?  Not "What can we do to keep you?"
Nothing like "I see you've been with us for a long time.  Is there something
we could do better to keep your business?"  Not even a "I'm sorry we're
losing you."  I heard none of that.  What I did hear when I told your rep to
shut me off was a cheerful "Thanks!"

I believe that someday your business will be used as a teaching case in
business schools as a model of how to destroy a moneymaking machine.

I've returned your invitation.  I won't be needing it.

To quote your customer service rep, "Thanks!"

 Matt Proudfit

Ogden Utah