RE: Scope of Trading in an IRA Acct: Short Selling?

> I don't believe there is anything that would prevent you from
> doing your own
> "hedge fund." Choose the simplest Reg to follow (probably Reg. D) and in
> some States it may not even have to be registered if your RIA is the only
> subscriber. I'm sure there's a workaround.

You are correct that Reg D applies and you can have up to 35 non-accredited
investors under Reg D. However, there is another limitation (205?) that
forces all to be accredited (assets of $1M, Salary > $200K, etc). Already
checked and pushed the envelope on that. Robert is correct. However, there
may be other means to short an IRA in related structures.

Sincerely,
Wes