From: "Paul Altman" <paulha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 11:45 PM
Subject: Stock Market Wizards - true or false?

Will someone please tell me what the deal is with Schwager's Stock Market
Wizards, the newest of the three in the series?  I looked it up on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/0066620589/review
s/102-2376513-8178527#00666205895123

...and found the following editorial quote:

>Steve Cohen, a modern-day trading legend who manages billions and who has
>averaged trading returns of 90 percent during the past seven years with
>only three down months (the worst, a minuscule 2 percent loss)Mark
>Minervini, a junior high school dropout, who has averaged a 220 percent
>annual return during the past five years, while keeping his maximum
>quarterly loss to a fraction of one percent

Hey, I'm willing to accept that there's some traders out there that get
phenomenal annualized returns.  But with essentially no DD's?

        Paul