Re: Windows XP

An upgrade from Win 98 to XP is probably a good idea because of the
increased stability (unless your application software doesn't have a new
driver to run under XP) but going from, Win 2k to XP is not a good idea.

Check out how much slower XP is than Win 2k:
www.infoworld.com/articles/tc/xml/01/10/29/011029tcwinxp.xml

Additionally, the stability between XP and Win 2k is almost identical.

I would recommend waiting at least until your applications are completely
supported by XP and Microsoft issues their first set of patches before even
considering making the change from Win 2k.

Sincerely,
John Theo