From: Judy Kettenhofen [mailto:heart1st@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 9:56 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: SuperCharts 4.0 (repreise)

isI want to thank everyone very much for responding.
In answer to the various questions: I have the EOD version of SC 4.
(and if I need a password, I'm really in trouble).
I apologize for not being specific about what happened when I tried
to install.
When I tried to install, dialog which says "SuperCharts setup is
preparing
the installshield wizard which will guide you ..."

Immediately after that,

"Setup in [sic] unable to initialize the installation program. The
script
file may be bad.
Error 502."

(I think that's the error, anyway. Re-runs of the installer eventually
just
go directly into "Isinst30   An error has occurred in your program. To
continue working ..." and if ignore is selected we get the same dialog
that
we see
after the "Setup in" dialog -- which is --:

"The program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
If the problem persists, contact the program vendor."

Is the CD bad? Is there somewhere where the script file (whatever that
may be, I assume the installshield script file) is unpacked and could be
modified? (probably not, prolly need the IS IDE to do that).

Whatever help you can provide is deeply appreciated.

Thank you.

   Judy

--- Judy Kettenhofen
--- heart1st@xxxxxxxxxxxxx