Re: Amazing, Incredible OddBall version performance ?

Hello John,

The points you attempt to make May be valid,but I certainly will NOT
need a reminder to Never send you a 'Private E-Mail',never knowing
just when you might get a whim up your keyboard and publish it to the
world,in its entirety,verbatim-WITHOUT the writers permission...!

Have a nice day

> [...]

Js> himself I'm forced to take this issue to the Omega-list and ask list members
Js> for suggestions in determining how a person can get such lofty numbers. I
Js> would think that other list members would agree that anybody who is offering
Js> an .ela type trading system to the public (free or otherwise) should be
Js> always be upfront and if they are furnishing "valid" performance reports on
Js> a free, publicly disclosed system they should always be willing to furnish
Js> the .ela and ALL inputs so others can independently verify the numbers - - -
Js> otherwise, our spirit of cooperation and honesty is lost.

Js> For the record, Omega-list archives show posts by Brown extolling the values
Js> of not holding back, but instead  contributing without profit incentive,
Js> improvements in OddBall code for the good of all list members. Several of us
Js> have always followed this path.

Js> Message I sent over 8 days ago:
Js> Mark:

Js> I've been trying to come anywhere NEAR the results of the strategy
Js> performance report on OddBall you emailed me months ago. The 1st line
Js> identifying your performance report states:

Js> MB_SP07_D SP60 min  05/14/1998 - 06/28/2001

Js> I've used your basic OddBall as well as other traders variations in
Js> attempting to get the highest performance possible.

Js> Your report (end of this email) shows Return on account of 2103%
Js> and Total net profit of $816,525
Js> as well as overall profit factor of 2.17

Js> The "best" I can come up with for the same time period, natural hour bars, 0
Js> comm, 0 slippage, natural hour bars, single contract, etc. is only $426,275
Js> with a ROA of 724.03%
Js> As I understand, no other trader working on OddBall type systems can show
Js> any better either.

Js> Your report shows an enormous difference from what I can get from my
Js> computer.

Js> Would you kindly provide the .ela and ALL inputs that you used to generate
Js> this amazing performance report so I (and the list members) can duplicate it
Js> (Hell, I'd be happy to get within at least 90%) . . .

Js> *******************************************************************************************************
Js> Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 18:42:08 -0500
Js> From: Trader1 <trader1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Js> To: whitehot@xxxxxxxxxx
Js> Subject: OddBall system code

Js> Hello whitehot,

Js>   make sure to use natural hour data and notice that the times are
Js>   Chicago so you may have to adjust for eastern or whatever other time
Js>   zone than central time.

Js> --
Js> Best regards,
Js> Trader1                          mailto:trader1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Js> ****************************************************
Js> =MB_OddBall

Js> {start code}

Js> {Data = Either the SPY SAP 500 index tracking stock or the S&P 500
Js> commodity futures contract. Data2 = Advancing issues of the Nyse.}

if time>>830 and time <=1500 then begin

Js> Inputs: RL(7), BZ(3), SZ(1),Factor(3), Length(20);

Js> If RateOfChange(Close Data2, RL) > BZ Then Buy;
Js> If RateOfChange(Close Data2, RL) < SZ Then Sell;

Js> end;

Js> {end of code}

Js> *********************************************************************************
Js> *********************************************************************************

Js> Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 10:51:18 -0500
Js> From: Mark Brown <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Js> To: whitehot@xxxxxxxxxx
Js> Subject: Re: Oddball

Js> Hello  whitehot,

win>> I'm quite impressed with the simplicity and performance of the
win>> oddball S&P system.

Js> i am too.

win>> What does your tradestation system report performance summary
win>> show for profit factor and other items ?

win>> Could you email me a .gif file screen shot ot text file of a
win>> summary ?

Js> though ts is a poor platform for this i have attached it.

win>> I'm curious if anybody has ever worked on placing additional
win>> "filters" on the oddball system to obtain even better results ?

Js> of  course.   the  performance can be improved in certain personality
Js> stages.   however can the longevity be improved upon?  no i think not.

Js> do   i   personally have better?  yes.  not to be arrogant, but i have
Js> much  better.   the good thing is that you too can work upon improving
Js> it,  it  can  be improved.  "IF" you are careful to look for longevity
Js> and  not focus exclusively upon profits.   am i vague? yes i intend to
Js> be.

win>> What ever prompted you to be so generous to reveal this system to
win>> the public ? Or is the strategy "power in numbers"; i.e., the more
win>> traders placing oddball trades in the same direction the more
win>> horsepower you have to influence direction  (that would only seem
win>> to influence scalp trading) ?