Re: Re[2]: natural hours bars

> Obviously I fooling with OddBall and therefore its the first time
> I ever used Natural bars.

One thing I noticed when I was fooling with Natural Hour bars:

(This was with TS4, dunno if TS2k or TS6 do it)

I wrote out some 5min ASCII data from my tick database and was
testing on that.  TS4 ignores the "Natural Hour" checkbox on ASCII
data but you can set up Natural Hour bars by specifying the session-
start time as 9:00 instead of 9:30 or whatever.

I liked those results, and I set up a chart from the tick database
just for comparison.  I noticed some differences.

I finally figured out that Natural Hour bars in TS4 don't pay very
close attention to the session start time.  E.g. if your session
starts at 9:30, your first natural hour bar ends at 10:00.  But the
data in that bar ***DOES NOT*** start at 9:30 !!  It includes any pre-
opening data from 9:00 to 9:30 that's in your database.  So e.g. if
you're displaying NH bars on SP, and your SP symbol includes 24-hour
data, then your 10:00 NH bar will include Globex data from 9:00 to
9:30.

If you only pay attention to the Close, this shouldn't change
anything.  But if you look at the Open, High, or Low, you may see
different results than you expect.  And remember that some indicators
like Stochastic, ADX, etc use High and Low.

Gary