Re: How to construct an options symbol for SP?

  • To: "Bill Wynne" <tradewynne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: How to construct an options symbol for SP?
  • From: "David Folster" <mr_bond@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:22:41 -0800

Bill,

I sent you a note saying it worked...you didn't get it?  Thanks again
anyhow.  The part I find confusing though is that month codes are supposed
to be different for calls and puts, so PSH100 works, but the symbol for the
puts should be CSC100, but that doesn't work; I get a quote back for CSH100.
But look at this directly from their site:

Call     Put     Month

F         A       January
G         B       February
H         C       March