TS2K crashes when inserting strategy

It is embarassing to admit, but in 2.5 years of owning TS2K I have never
used a strategy.  I just tried to write one and when I apply it to a 5
minute stock chart, I get a ts32.exe application error, access violation
0xc0000005, address 0x616d2f42.  This happens even with canned strategies
that TRAD included in TS2K.  I use NT4 and there are no resource
limitations: 1.7GHz CPU, 512 MB, plenty of HD space.

Is this something common, maybe there is a simple solution?  Found nothing
in the KB.

Thanks in advance.