RE: [Off topic] RAID motherboards

I can't add much to the excellent data below, but to clarify that RAID comes
in several (5 at my last count) flavors, some of which address redundancy
through complete mirroring, or error correction much like ECC memory, while
the RAID 0 data is for purely performance gain by striping data across
multiple disks to aggregate performance.  W2K can stripe disks for a similar
effect via software, which is what I run.