Re: Regarding Spreads

> tks for the help. it works beautifully.
>
> > 4. edit the indicator formulas for the 4 plots like this:
> > for plot1 enter formula: h - h data2
> > for plot2 enter formula: low - low data2
> > for plot3 enter formula: open - open data2
> > for plot4 enter formula: c - c data2

You may already be aware of this -- I missed part of the discussion --
 but remember that you will be plotting the high of data1 - high of
data2 &etc within that bar.  Those highs &etc may NOT have occurred
at the same time.

E.g. let's say you're charting 5min bars, and data1 peaks at 1244.0
at 10:02 when data2 is at 1234.0, then data2 peaks at 1236.0 at 10:04
when data1 has dropped to 1242.0.

In the 5min bar,
  High of data1 is 1244.0
  High of data2 is 1236.0
  High data1 - High data2 = 8.0

But at 10:02 the actual value of the spread (Close data1 - Close
data2) was 1244-1234 = 10.0.

I seem to remember you mentioned that you expected data1 and data2 to
peak very near each other.  If that's the case and if you keep this
little gotcha in mind, this approach may be "close enough."

Gary