Re: indicator

> highest high of the previous x periods.
> Plot1(highest(high,10));
> but this isn't giving me what I want.

Highest(High,X) returns the highest High out of the current bar and
the X-1 bars before that.

If you want the highest high of the X bars BEFORE the current bar,
not including the current bar, use "Highest(High,X)[1]".

> I need to see the line showing what that point was x periods ago.

Not sure what "that point" means.  If you mean the High of X periods
ago, use
  plot1(High[X]);

If you want the "highest high in previous 10 bars" value from X bars
ago, that would be

  plot1(Highest(High,10)[X]);

Gary