From: Mark Brown [mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 4:45 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: QCollector : Comments Required ???

Of course I own that product too! What else would you expect?

I  will  say it is also the best product for it's intended purpose and
it   is  second  on  my list of all time favorite programs.  However I
feel  hostage  that I can not freely move the product from one machine
to  the  next  because  of it's hard drive specific security!  I would
gladly  buy a site license if it were available.  I have many machines
and  from  time  to  time  they  all  need  data.  However as you know
Quote.com only allows one log in per user so even thought I would have
it on several machines I would only be able to use one copy at a time.

The  other  proble  the  product  has  that  keep  it  from  toppling
QCollector  from  my  first  place  list  is that you have to manually
create  both the Quote.com Symbol and the symbol that you wish to load
into TS, this is a pure pain in the ass.  They should study closer the
QCollector  product,  in  fact  if  QCollector had a option to convert
symbols  into .xpo or .omz.  it would be a perfect solution.  Likewise
if  QLoader  was  more  user  friendly  like  Qcollector it would be a
perfect solution.

If  either  one  of  these developers wishes to sell the source code I
would  happily put the project out on ELance.com for bid and see if we
can  get  a perfect solution finished.  Otherwise I always wonder what
keeps  a  developer from listening to what the public wants and simply
delivering  it.  Well on second thought having lived "barely" thru the
TradeWare  debacle.   I  can  tell you what the problem is, developers
only  want  to  deliver what they are capable of, they are hard headed
and  will  refuse  to  collaborate to create the perfect solution.  So
basically all you will ever get is compromise.

I  can tell you this someone is working on a product that will have no
compromises.   You  will know it is true "if" it ever is released.  On
a  different subject, did I actually see a web site where TradeLab was
going to make a comeback?  Ok well enuff talk for now.  m

Thanks,
Dmitri

Hello  Dmitri,

--