RE: Relative Price Strength Indicator

Duke,

Thanks for your reply.

For me, this Market Analyzer discussion is revisiting an old headache.
Your post got me thinking down the right path though. I think I figured
this out.

Both our versions of the "RelStrength.IBD" indicator work.

Here's the catch on how to get the File Append statement in this
indicator to create a .csv file. You have to set up the Workspace
Assistant correctly for this to work.

- "Scan all price data in" obviously must be set to the proper location
for the chart data.

- In the "Scan for" section, "study alerts" must be checked or the file
will not be created. "Drawing object alerts" and "Strategy positions and
orders" can EITHER be off or on.

- "Print settings" must be set to "Print windows that trigger alerts" OR
"Print all windows being scanned". Unless you want 500 printouts, the
former makes more sense. Never mind that there are no "Alerts" in this
code, it works in this setting nonetheless. If it is set to "Do not
print windows", the file will not be created. Apparently if the WA is
looking for something to print, it allows it to "see" the File Append
statement.

- In the "Speed Settings" sections, "Do not show while running" can
EITHER be checked, or not, it doesn't matter. "Maximize calculation
speed" CANNOT be checked, however. If it is the file will not be
created.

Whew, thank God Omega made this simple, NOT. As my little sister would
say... "This is totally lame".

Cheers.

-Lance Fisher