The "Mark Brown Deal" needs ironing out or REnegotiation . . .

  • To: ajgill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: The "Mark Brown Deal" needs ironing out or REnegotiation . . .
  • From: blackcloudover BillCruz <trad_delist_anydaynow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:04:41 -0800

Mark:

I've wasted 6 weeks of reformatting, reloading
ProSuite, practically building a new computer from
scratch to eliminate possible hardware errors, etc.,
etc. - going to HELL and back on "the Mark Brown
Deal".  What appeared to me a good offer and what
should have been a clean, straightforward deal turned
out to be total confusion apparently on the part of
Chris and DTN.

Both Chris and DTN should have been aware exactly what
works and what does not work with TS2000i. I informed
Chris from day one I was only using TS2000i for
charting.

Only through my determination and perserverance have I
apparently discovered the flaws in this deal (at least
this makes more sense than anything else I see up till
this point).

Today I finally reached Jeff Bargman at 800-485-4000
ext. 3271 (realtime sales rep.) . Unless you would
suspect that Jeff is steering to me to make an
"upgrade sell", the technical information Jeff
revealed to me was something nobody at any dept. at
DTN had ever revealed to me. Even the real time tech
support guys were clueless until today - after 6 weeks
of calls, hundreds of minutes on THEIR 1-800 line.

I was furnished a D8000 receiver from the start. Some
6 or so weeks into the deal that receiver died and DTN
had to send another one. Of course during all this I
was still dying a slow death trying to discover why I
could not get ProSuite SP5 to stop giving error
message crashes or just quietly quitting. Yes I was
receiving quotes and processing quotes but I could
only get futures to show data, indices never would.

Today Jeff explained to me that the D8000 receivers
are being phased out since the markets went to decimal
(incompatibility). Older customers are still using
them (I assume probably Agric. customers on Chameleon
software).
Jeff clearly explained that the ONLY 2 receivers that
will work with TS2000i regardless of delayed or real
time are VELOCITY boxes.

There are 2 flavors of velocity boxes - the B 8000 and
the 8080 which is twice as much processor and is used
when receiving options and level II quotes etc.

He said the B 8000 velocity box would work fine for
delayed futures and indices, but for me as an
individual calling in, DTN has a firm position on
Velocity boxes - and they ain't gonna give me a $55 to
$65 per month account on a velocity box (however I
should not have to be involved in this matter anyway -
it seems it's Chris' responsibility to negotiate and
get delivered the proper hardware delivered !)

Your web page promotes the "Mark Brown Deal". So, I
urge you to get this matter straightened out once and
for all. Get Chris to move on this - call his rep and
get a deal cut so anybody using TS 2000i who wants the
"Mark Brown Deal" gets the right equipment the first
time and knows up front what the price is gonna be.
That way if they know the price is better than what
Esignal offers for delayed data they can make an
intelligent business decision to go with DTN.   There
are not many charting programs like TS that allow
charting data2, data3, etc. for developing and
backtesting OddBall like systems . . .

I would prefer to be a satisfied customer of DTN and
speak highly of "The Mark Brown Deal", rather than
just another guy who was burned by "The Mark Brown
Deal" and posts his bad experiences everywhere - - -
I'm not the only one that has been affected, there
already is one other guy on the Omega list who says he
tried it and finally gave up.

Shadow

=== message truncated ===