Re: Running Workspace Assistant on ASCII files

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:14:01 -0800, "Lance Fisher"
<lance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>u wrote:

>Chris,
>
>Try going to "View" - "Chart Options" - "Symbol" tab. Look down at the
>"Default days back" box and in the "compression" scroll menu change the
>default days back for daily bars to whatever you want.
>
>From a chart window you can individually format the look back of your
>symbol, but the instant you click on the "Load next symbol" button (or
>run WA) to start scrolling through your symbol list 2000i automatically
>loads the default # of days back.
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>-Lance Fisher

Lance, Thanks a million for this answer.  I asked the question last
October 31st and didn't get any responses.  I spent a whole weekend
importing the daily data for about 650 stocks into GS from the 3rd
party directory to get around this problem.  (GS data doesn't change
the days back from your first chart to the next).  Since my RT data
provider doesn't correct bad ticks after the fact and my EOD
historical data provider does this makes a difference.   I can use the
3rd party directory again for chart scanning and not overstuff my
array which brings everything to a screeching halt.

And a tip of the hat to Chris as well for asking the question.

Fred