Re: SWINGER-2EOD

  • To: fgz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Phil Gutierrez)
  • Subject: Re: SWINGER-2EOD
  • From: alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Alex Matulich)
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 21:06:34 -0800

>I am also interested in a system like this.  Perhaps we can get a few of us
>together and split the purchase.  If it turns out to be junk or a scam then

I bought it a couple weeks ago.  My job demands have prevented me
from playing with it as much as I'd like, but from what I have seen
so far, it's no scam.  It appears to work as advertised.  Why would
you think it's a scam?  There's more information available on this
system and its performance on the web site, including real-time
signals and performance, than from any other vendor I've seen.

Looking at the code, it's a fairly simple concept that I wouldn't
have considered myself, but with some strict rules about entry and
exit added.  I can't deny that it seems to work.

Notice I used the words "appeared to" and "seems" above.  This is
because my tests so far use the S&P cash market as the system input
(as intended by the author) but I'm also using the S&P cash market
for trading (which you can't do in real life).  The intent is for
you to use the cash market to generate signals to trade in the
E-Mini market.

I tried using SPY data, but the correlation between SPY movements
and the S&P is so poor that I couldn't get the system to make money,
although I didn't tune the parameters, only scaled them to SPY
movements.

--
//  \
//___)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com