RE: Designing your own system

Many of the standard indicators work well and many traders use them
successfully.

I think the main issue with designing your own system is so that it fits
your personality.  Even if the commercial systems worked as advertised, they
may not suit you.

There is the "Babe Ruth" type of systems.  They make a lot of money from a
small percentage of winners and usually have large drawdowns.  I would not
trade that kind of system no matter how much money it made.  I get anxious
after 3 losing trades and I don't like large drawdowns.

Breakout systems can be good, but the stops have to be uncomfortably large.

For myself, my systems have about 70%+ winners and very small drawdowns.
But seldom do I get a home run.  Mostly just base hits and occasionally a
double.

So, the bottom line is that you have to find what works for you.

Regards,
Paul